(I really don't know what kind of spider it was, but it was big, black, furry, and ugly. This isn't the actual spider, but it was the closest picture I could find from what I did see. I'm sure it could have eaten Kaden alive. I wasn't about to get a close up look or take an actual picture of it.)
Jaron immediately killed it. There was another one in the bathroom the next day, and Jaron took care of it. He's great, isn't he?
Now, let's look back at last week. Kaden and I got home, and he wanted to watch a movie in our room. I got it set up, and went to start dinner. When I returned to the bedroom, there was yet ANOTHER one of those big ugly spiders! Well, Kaden really wanted to watch the movie in our room, so I let him stay there and didn't mention anything about the spider to him. The spider seemed to just stay still, so I patiently waited for Jaron to get home. I thought he would be home around 6, but he didn't come. I tried to call, but he didn't answer. He typically has a Monday evening class, but I really thought it was out at 6 and he would be home any minute. Nope. I couldn't keep calling because I didn't want him to panic and think something was really wrong (even though there really WAS something wrong). So, I patiently waited and tried to keep an eye on the spider so I could tell him where it was when he got home.
Well, Jaron called around 7:00 to tell me he was just leaving. He had parent-teacher conferences that night! I totally forgot he'd be late. Well, by the time he got home, I had lost the spider. He searched awhile, but didn't see it, so we just let it be, and we reluctantly went to bed later that night.
Now, let's take a look at last night. Jaron was working. Kaden was in bed, fast asleep. I was in bed catching up on The Biggest Loser. I looked to my right when something caught my eye. It was the spider. In my bed. Not cool. Then I remembered a trick from my friend Heidi when we lived in NJ. I quickly got a piece of duct tape and stuck it to a broom handle, and tried to get the spider stuck to it. No luck on the first try. I tried again, and didn't see the spider run away, so I left it and hoped he was stuck. I went into the living room to finish my show and anxiously await Jaron's arrival in a few hours (and took a picture of my spider-killing contraption).
When Jaron got home, I told him that he needed to go see if there was a spider stuck to the duct tape that was on our bed. Jaron confirmed the spider was indeed stuck to the tape, and he disposed of the still twitching remains.
And that is reason 1,204 why I need Jaron. If he hadn't come home last night, I would never be able to sleep in my bed again because there would be a spider stuck to duct tape on it forever. Thanks, hun, you're the best!!!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh that's terrible and frightening! I would have been scared spitless!
Sorry to hear about your spider trauma. It kind of reminds me of how I feel! I have at times mustered up the courage to take care of spiders myself (especially if I know Jon isn't coming home), but the bigger they are, the less courage I have! Husbands are great!
Andy makes me kill the spiders. I guess I'm more like the man in the relationship in that way. If he's left to do it, he'll get the vacuum.
I've tried the vacuum once and I thought it was great. Then about 2 weeks later I went to empty the canister and the spider was still alive in there. ewww!!!
Love it! I remember that trick of Heidi's too. This really gave me a good laugh. How did you ever come up to the cottage with me?!
Post a Comment