Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's really a...

Girl!
We had a doctors appointment yesterday and they did a quick ultrasound just to make sure, and she sure is a girl! All is well, except that I'm anemic, so I now get to add an iron supplement to my daily diet. Oh yay.
We went girl-clothes shopping afterward and Kaden was SOOOO excited to help pick stuff for her. He went straight for the toys, picked up a soccer ball and some sort of Elmo toy, and stated, "We need to get THESE for baby Kaylee!" I asked, "Do you think she'll like those?" Of course, his response was "YES!"
Well, we didn't get the soccer ball or Elmo toy, but we found an absolutely adorable little green spring dress. Oh, it's so cute, I can't wait! I need to work on controlling the spending, though. I could really go crazy with little girl clothes!

7 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations. Now I really need to get that dress finished. The skirt is over half way.

Love ya!

Ashley said...

You'll go nuts with a girl! Hunter was so set on making sure that everything he picked out for Robyn was pink--LOTS of pink. We did finally convince him that just because she's a girl she doesn't have to wear pink all the time.

Clayton and Heidi said...

yay! Congrats on the chica.

Ty & Em said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys!!

B&B Goldsberry said...

How fun!! I will be right there with you trying not to go broke buying stuff! I already have so much stuff for my little girl... she will NOT be naked! :) I will have to do A LOT of returning if we find out she is a boy, but the doctor was pretty confident, so I think we will be okay! :) Have so much fun!

Chari said...

Little girls are dangerous! And it never gets better! I could spend sooooo much on Hillary and Whitney. I have become a clearance shopper just so I can get more! I'm so glad it's a girl, now you keep all those clothes and I have someone to hand stuff down to!

my rebel took over said...

Congratulations! Little girl stuff will be the end of your budget. Trust me. Just give in to it. When the girls were born, Harland held out his wallet and said (to them and me), "Here! Take it! Just take it all! They can have whatever they want!"