So, I know I've posted about this before, but I'm going to do it again. The Whittier Center (here in Logan) is trying to build a playground next to their building. This is in our neighborhood, and I've been wishing there was a park closer to our home. We currently have to cross busy streets to get to any park, and it's not very fun to do. So, when I heard about this park last year, I was super excited about it. It will be completely accessible, even for kids with disabilities, so all the kids can play together.
They were originally going to build it in September 2008, but they didn't have the funding. They have now scheduled the build for April 20-25 2009, as long as they get the funding they need. They're short about $190,000. Any contributions help.
They are also asking for volunteers not just to help build, but if people are willing to donate the use of tools they need that too. They also are providing a childcare for volunteers, and they need more volunteers to run the childcare. So, even if you don't have the money to donate, or you don't think you have the skills to build a playground, there's many other areas they need people.
I really hope this playground can become a reality. This neighborhood needs it!
Click Here for a link to an article in the Herald Journal.
Here's a link to the website where you can read more about it, make contributions, or sign up to volunteer.

1 comment:
I just want you to know how much fun work is today!
Post a Comment