Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Signs of Spring

Some people say when they've lived in an area long enough, they can tell a change of seasons is close because of the geese migrating. I haven't stayed anywhere long enough, or even paid attention to geese to have this method work for me.

Some people know spring is coming when they see buds on trees and flowers. Our strawberries started turning green back in January. I haven't seen anything turning green since then, so this one doesn't work for me either.

So, how do we know Spring is around the corner?

Yup, these dumb Box Elder bugs. I know they're harmless, but they get EVERYWHERE. I saw the first signs of them last week when our neighbor already had about 10 crawling around on her door. Then I noticed one in Kaden's window. Garth and Laura (Jaron's brother & Sis-in-law, live upstairs) said they've already had several inside. Luckily, the sun doesn't hit our door as directly as it does theirs, so we don't get nearly as many. But, the signs are here, the bugs are out, Spring had better be soon!

p.s. I would definitely prefer these bugs in abundance to the spiders we've had in our apartment. There was another one last week, and I ended up calling Garth to get rid of it. I couldn't get it to stick to the tape. Thanks, Garth!!!

1 comment:

mytee sooperox said...

In our town it's the cement. When you can walk outside in bare feet and the concrete feels warm, that means spring is on the way and consistent cold weather is GONE!