We ran out of milk last night. No big deal. I was going to go to Smith's because it's the closest grocery store. For whatever reason, I decided to go to Lee's instead. It's a little bit farther away, but not too bad. Besides, Smith's has been trashy, had long lines, and bad service for a little while now.
On my way to get the milk, I had a prompting to check to see if they had any of this heavenly dessert item.

(FYI, the brand is Dryer's in this area, but I could only find an Edy's picture. Same stuff, though)
I really didn't expect them to have it. Last year we chased around to every grocery store in the valley trying to find some. Well, I wandered to the frozen section and they had it! And not just one or two, they had a whole row of it! Sadly, it's an expensive indulgence priced $5.59 for 1.5 quarts. I decided to get just one, and wait for a sale to stock up. They always go on sale eventually.
Heading to the check-out, I wished I could justify spending almost $6 each to get more, but I refrained. That is, until the cashier mentioned that when the last person purchased some, it rang up for only $2. Shocked, I said, "Well, if it's really only $2, I'll go get more!" I Expected her to need to call a manager, or check the system or something. However, she rang it in, and it was only $2! So yes, I went and got more. But only 2 more because I knew our freezer was a bit full.
I'm so glad I decided to go to Lee's instead of Smith's. What a great deal! I did have remorse though when I got home a rearranged the freezer a bit and realized I could have easily fit 1 more in. If we drank some juice, I could have gotten 2 more in. Oh well, we are stocked with a delectable dessert for a little while now.
(And no, this is not an invitation to come over. Sorry, this is one thing we just don't share!)
1 comment:
you are too funny!
Post a Comment