Thursday, March 12, 2009

Playground (yes, again)

Through today you can personalize a picket for the Adventure Playground for only $20! The normal price is $30, so it's not a bad deal! This is the email I got today, with a link to donate:

Hi,

I'm writing to let you know that we have extended the opportunity for you to get a discounted personalized fence picket through today (Thursday). The cost is only $20 - that's 1/3 off the normal price. Please visit http://www.whittiercenter.org/playground/donate/disc-pickets/ for a link to a secure server for a credit card donation. We process our donations through PayPal, but you don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Since I sent out the newsletter, dozens of pickets have been personalized. Still, we have almost 900 left. We've already paid for all of the play equipment. In addition to paying for the cost of the picket, your donation will cover the hardware needed to put the playground together (a cost that must be paid this week).

It would be nice to have the time to talk to you directly about the park. I'm sure you recognize its value to our community. I hope that you can take a moment to make this donation today. I can't imagine anyone saying to themselves, "if only I had those 20 bucks back...," but I do see you bringing your family, children, grandchildren, and friends back to the park for a picnic or a reunion and saying, "We had a part in this incredible project. See... there's our picket."
That's why I donated. I invite you to do the same. Call me if you have any questions.

Yours,
Kendall Andelin
General Coordinator
Adventure Playground
(435) 753-9008

I know most of you who read this don't even live in the area, but I figured it's worth a shot to keep posting about it!

No comments: