I'm going to ramble. Feel free to ignore this post.
We had our 2nd doctors appointment today, and I'm a little shocked at the difference in my doctors in Iowa and my doctor here. First off, in Iowa I had to see 4 doctors in the same practice. I didn't get to just pick one. I never felt like any of them knew me, or even cared. They were just there to do their job. From talking to friends and calling around to doctors out there, I found out that is how most OB/GYN's in that area are, so I just stuck with it. I think that's why there are more mid-wives out there than here.
So, at our appointment yesterday, I was shocked when the doctor stopped and listened to my questions and concerns. He cared that I had been sick this weekend. He actually talked to Jaron, too! Amazing! We even get to have an ultrasound in 2 weeks (at 18 weeks). In Iowa, I HAD to wait until I was 22 weeks. That seemed like an eternity! I actually got to talk to the billing lady and figure out all our options. She had already talked to our insurance company to find out how much they cover and all that. Everyone was so helpful!
I'm very grateful for my friend who recommended this doctor, and I hope it stays this way!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you are having a better experience with your doctor here. I personally love my ob/gyn! I've gone as far as saying that if he ever leaves, I'll stop having kids! So who is your doctor?
Dr. Strebel, and he's great!
Are you going to the budge clinic at the hospital? I loved those doctors!! Dr. Horsely was soooo great! I miss Logan!!!
Post a Comment