Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Week of Not-So-Great Firsts

I was going to save this for next weeks Kadenism, but I just can’t wait.

First, let me make a disclaimer. I LOVE Kaden’s daycare provider, Bonnie. She is totally awesome and from shopping around at daycare's, there’s really no one better for Kaden than her. And on that note, here’s a few firsts Kaden had this week at Bonnie’s house. (Note: names have been changed to protect the innocent, and not so innocent, children)

I picked Kaden up yesterday, and Bonnie warned me that he might say a bad word at home. She told me that Billy has a hard time saying “truck” and that he says it with an F instead. They’ve been working with Billy on this, but he still says it with an F. Well, Kaden started saying it, too. Bonnie explained to Kaden that it is a bad word we don’t say. Kaden got upset and exclaimed, “But Billy said it!” Bonnie explained to Kaden that Billy is trying to say Truck, but he is still learning to say it right. Luckily I haven’t heard Kaden say it yet, and he will still point out trucks, and say it right.

As Bonnie and I were chatting about this on the porch, Sarah, a cute and very friendly girl that is I think almost a year older than Kaden, wanted to give him a hug before we left. That’s totally fine with me. Well, as I was chatting with Bonnie, we heard that lip-smacking sound of kissing. Neither one of us was watching, so we don’t know if it was on the lips or cheeks, or who initiated it, but there was definitely something! I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Kaden, because we always give hugs and kisses before we leave.

What made this adorable

innocent
sweet
handsome boy
start swearing AND kissing girls all in one week?

3 comments:

LindaAlex said...

Cindy, Catching up on your blog today was fun! Kaden has grown so much and remember stories like that with my son too! You are so right about the hair loss in pregnancy. I remember that but know I know the reason! And now I am going to head to the kitchen to make your brownies with chocolate chip cookies cause my little boy is visiting this weekend and he will love them! Nice to catch up!

The Deans said...

That is so funny! Hope that you are feeling well at the end of your pregnancy!

my rebel took over said...

It's all down hill from here...

If it makes you feel better, Abby used to drop the "L" in "clock". This was especially wonderful when she would see the clock in the chapel during the sacrament (she has AMAZING timing) and yell it at the top of her lungs...