Today I had a new realization that God gave each of us different talents. I was reminded that He didn't give me the talent of understanding computer programming. While it's been a bit slower at work, I started working through a book on Beginning Access 97 Visual Basic (yes, I know, it's dated, but we still use Access 97 at work). I got through three chapters of the book and thought I was doing pretty good. Chapter 4 comes...no good. I'm totally lost. There's 18 chapters in this thing!!!
Now, I will freely admit that I failed Computer Science (yes Spencer, feel free to give me crap about that, Jaron does!). I did take a Visual Basic class, though, and got a B. So, getting through this book shouldn't be too tought, right? Umm, wrong. I don't think this is the stuff I learned. Or maybe I didn't really learn anything in VB...?
On that note, I'm grateful for the talents I do have, and am accepting the fact that I am not, nor ever will be, a programmer. Someone else is much more fit for that job.
My next step....? Brush up on stats....ACK! I don't think I really understand that, either!
1 comment:
You have so many talents! And helping us crazies at work is one of them.
Tara
Post a Comment