Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mommy's Night Out

Last night I had the wonderful pleasure of a night completely to myself. Can you believe it?

Jaron and Kaden had manly man night, even though Kaden was very insistent that neither one of them is a manly man.

While they were out, I went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Old Barn Theater in Collinston. For any one that has never been there, or hasn't heard if it, it really is just a barn. Inside there's a small stage with 4 rows of seats all around. If you look up, you can see all the support beams and everyone.

Despite the fact that it was in a barn, it was fantastic! My friend, Becky Tomlinson, was playing Belle. She did an absolutely amazing job! I lost count of how many times I got the chills, it was that good. I think I would have done some of the other casting different, but it's really small community theater.
Her husband was also in it. He was a wolf, knife, and townsperson. At one point, he got to sing the line "And behind that fair facade, I'm afraid she's rather odd." I just laughed at that! I asked her afterward how she felt about her husband singing about how she's weird. She laughed and said their director has a strange sense of humor.

It was a great play and a wonderful night out. For anyone who may be interested, they are doing Cinderella during the month of May. Here's a link to their website:
http://www.geocities.com/old_barn/

No comments: