Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Getting Things Resolved

Wow, we've had a lot of stuff just hanging in the air. We finally got 2 of those things pretty much resolved yesterday.

It started with Qwest. We cancelled service with them in November. They have still been charging us every month for service we don't have. I think we ended up with 5 confirmation numbers that the service had been cancelled, yet we were still being charged. Yesterday we finally got the refund check for 5 extra months of payments. I guess the next thing is to make sure they don't start charging us again!

I also called the Scentsy consultant that I ordered my warmer and scents through, because I hadn't heard anything. She told me my warmer was on back order, but it will hopefully be here by Wednesday. At least I know she didn't forget about me! I'm a bit jealous that Jaron had a full week (spring break) with his "early fathers day" present yet I still don't have my "early mothers day" present. Oh well, at least I know it's being worked on.

Things still up in the air:
  • Getting rid of a TV that doesn't work (I have a picture of the replacement, but it's at home...will post later). Does anyone want it for parts or anything?
  • Deciding what to do with our economic stimulus check
  • Solidifying day care/work schedules when our current day care provider moves

7 comments:

Chari said...

Come to Disneyland with us and use up your check!!! We leave in two weeks.
I like your new blog. It's really cute!

Cindy said...

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be big enough to go to Disneyland. I wish, though! Jaron is debating giving up our California for gradution next year for a new TV! He (and I REALLY agree) wants to use the $ for a piano.

my rebel took over said...

OOOhhh! Go for the piano! I think part of ours will go toward finally moving mine from my parent's when we move to the new house (there was no room for it here).

I miss your piano playing.

Anonymous said...

Come visit us!!! On the other hand, if we had room, we'd probably go for the piano. We're really cool and all that, but the long term value of a piano is probably a bit higher. Though, if you were ever wanting to visit England, it would definitely be a lot cheaper while room and board are still free at our house.

Yes, in case you were wondering, we're going to start charging for room and board starting May 1st. Shh, don't tell Garth. :D

Cindy said...

I'm totally for the piano...but we don't really have room either. Well, now that there's not a huge TV, we have a bit more room.

Sadly, we're not getting enough back for a trip (especially if Spencer starts charging room and board!). Chari, when are you going? I have April 10-14 off work (involuntarily). That would be fun! Jaron wouldn't be able to come though (but then it would be cheaper ;) ).

Ideally we should save it or pay off debt, but hey, that's not what our president wants us to do! But wow, do I want a piano.

Ok, enough rambling!

Ann said...

I'd go for the piano. Just because I've spent so much oney on lessons that I hate to see you not able to practice and keep up your playing skills. I know, just a little selfish on my part but I'm still rooting for the piano.

Ann said...

I'm rooting for the piano. Of course since I spent so much money on piano lessons I would hate to see you not able to practice and keep up your talent you've developed. Disneyland would be a super fun choice but not as long lasting.

Like the new blog.