Saturday morning, we got up and went shopping for a wedding gift (I didn't want to haul one up there and hope that it got there in one piece and still looking nice). We hit up Home Depot first, since Bed Bath & Beyond wasn't open yet. I was absolutely shocked at how nice people were! If we go to Home Depot here, no one tries to help, and if we ask for help, no one seems to know anything. But, wow, I was just amazed. It was like that every where we went. People were really nice and so willing to help. It was like they were being paid to do a job or something...and actually doing it!
After shopping, we went to an Easter Egg hunt. I was expecting something small and that we would totally stand out as not being locals. Wow, was I wrong! Here's a picture to capture just a glimps of how many people were there:
Jaron and Kaden are in that little oval shadow on the picture. They announced there were over 50,000 easter eggs! It was crazy! There wasn't anywhere to park, even! It was fun, though. Here's a few more pictures:
After the hunt, we played on the playground for a little while:
We went shopping, then went back to the hotel for naps. After naps, we all showered and got ready for the reception. Jaron found several Vietnamese restaurants (surprise, he looks EVERYWHERE we got). I was a bit reluctant because the last one we went to I left starving. Vietnamese just really isn't my favorite because of all the fish oil they put in stuff. They actually had a large selection, though, and it was really good. Kaden even ate the rice noodles and chicken.
Now it's off to the reception. It was so beautiful! I loved the colors Abbey picked, and the food rocked! There was a lot of fruit and treats to go along with the chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter fountains! Yummy!!! It was so fun to see Abbey and meet Adam. Bridget was also there and it was fun to see her and her mom.
(p.s. no, I'm not pregnant. I just wore my fat shirt because I was having a fat day)
We stopped at the temple on the way back to the hotel, because it was right on the way. Kaden LOVED the fountain and would have stayed to watch it all night long. It's a beautiful temple!
And then we came home this morning. It was a great trip and so nice to be away from apartment life for awhile.
Happy Easter!








1 comment:
Thanks so much for coming Cindy! It was sooooo great to have you there. And I am so glad you made a trip out of it and got to enjoy Boise a little.. too bad it wasn't warmer so you could have enjoyed all the parks a little better!
Post a Comment