Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy Weekend

DISCLAIMER: This post is long and there's a lot of video. But it's all fun!

It all started with General Conference, which was, of course, awesome! I loved hearing from the new church leaders. I always love conference.



Between sessions was a wonderful treat, also. Thanks to some wonderful people, who will remain annonymous, and our "fearless" president of the USA, I was able to get a Clavinova (aka and electronic piano). I've been shopping around for pianos and just really fell in love with the Clavinova. It feels and sounds better than any upright I had played. Plus it's smaller, more portable, and doesn't have to be tuned! It's fantastic. Unfortunately, the computer won't read the camera's memory card at the moment, so you get a video of my future concert pianist:



After the Saturday afternoon session, there was enough wind to go fly the kite the Easter bunny brought for Kaden. He's be waiting and waiting, and the day finally arrived! We also flew kites with Garth and Laura between sessions today. I love to fly kites. The memories of flying kites as a family all came back as we did this. It was great to remember all the fun times we had flying kites, and getting them out of trees (thanks to Brian, usually!)

The Easter bunny mentioned that Kaden's kite only cost $1 at Wal-mart, so we really didn't expect it to fly well at all. It actually did awesome!!!

Kaden and Daddy:



Kaden's awesome $1 Spiderman kite!

Laura...flying a kite, or dancing?

Garth

Laura's kite...on the ground

A bit of video for your viewing pleasure.

And finally, this evening ended with a rousing game of hide and seek with Garth and Laura. Kaden absolutely LOVES to play hide and seek. Jaron typically hides behind the couch, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that he is back there. You'll see different in this video. Kaden also really liked his own hiding spot!

No comments: