Saturday, April 19, 2008

Welcome to the Family

We have a new member of the family. Her name is Bertha and she's a 2004 white (not like the picture) Chevy Venture. No, I'm still not mentally ready for a mini-van, but it's great! It catches me off guard every time I look out the window and see it. It's so easy to get Kaden in and out of! It has one power sliding door (on the passenger side...not sure why it's not on the drivers side!). There's a built-in car seat (also on the passenger side...?!?!?). It also seats 8! Maybe someday we'll need that! We compared a LOT of vans and this was the winner. It looks like it has the same, if not more, cargo space than the others we looked at (sorry Chari, I think it's the same as yours, but not as deep down).

We did have a different favorite. It was the Warner Brothers edition, but it was out of the price range. But wow, that one was nice...built in DVD system. I guess that's really all that was nicer with that one though...oh and it had less miles.
Anyways, I don't have pictures of OURS yet because it's been a super nasty windy day, but I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

Chari said...

Brian says "Welcome to the totally uncool, loser club. There is no way to be cool in a minivan." I say, that's awsome! I never thought I'd see the day my baby sister drove a minivan! But you'll love it! The passenger side door is for carpool purposes, it just makes it safer to let the kids out onto the sidewalk. As for the car seat, that's odd, but nice to have. I don't have that. Can't wait to see it!