Monday, October 27, 2008

Sunday was full of church, making caramel apples, delivering caramel apples, home/visiting teaching, and carving pumpkins.


Prepped apples. I'm amazed at how much better apples really look with the wax on them. They aren't too pretty without it!




Freshly dipped...mmmmmm



Mmmmmmm



The finished product



Please excuse the shirtless boy in the following pictures.


"This is my pumpkin" has been a very common phrase around our home since we bought them last week.






This is totally staged. Kaden didn't want to have anything to do with the pumpkin guts, but I wanted a picture of him helping. He dropped a spoon inside and I told him he needed to get it out. That's all he would do.


The finished product. From left to right: Jaron's, Kaden's, Mine. I really do like to carve pumpkins, but I can never make them cute, so it gets frustrating.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I think your pumpkins turned out really cute and the carmel apples look so yummy.

Ann said...

Cool pumpkins and great looking carmel apples. Is Kaden afraid of the pumkins now that they are carved?

Cindy said...

Kaden is finally not afraid of pumpkins. He's very facinated by them now. We even got him to play with the plastic spiders. There is one big one that he always makes sure is sitting on his pumpkin every morning. He finally got the idea that it's all pretend. We may go through it again next year, though!

Rachel said...

You're better at making cute pumpkins that you allow. And thanks a millions for the amazing apples. Did you know that caramel apples are my favorite thing in the whole wide world to snack on? Got me into a lot of trouble when I was pregnant with Kieran. Fortunately for my sanity, you came along this year with such treats and make my entire week! And I was even a good girl and shared with the kids...though John had to kind of convince me he wanted some too....
Anyway, thanks again! I'm just sorry that we missed seeing you and Kaden before you left the house on Halloween!