Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Paper vs. Wii

In case any of you wanted to do an experiment, I don't recommend this one.

One evening, Jaron and I wanted to play Mario Kart. I put the disc in, and it didn't read. For some reason, I have a tendency to put the discs in backwards, but Jaron checked and it was in right. We cleaned the disc, but to no avail. It would not read it. As the disc was ejecting, it sounded like there was something in there that shouldn't have been. I know Kaden enjoys playing with it, so we thought he must have stuck something in there.

Jaron tried to take it apart, but the screws are the type that we don't have the correct tools to remove. Jaron immediately got online to see what type of screw driver he would need to dismantle this thing. I reminded him of my sisters experience and that we can just pay the $75 or whatever for them to fix it, rather than him potentially damaging it more.
We played Puzzle Fighter on the PS2 instead to try and get our fix, but it just wasn't what we wanted to be playing, so we went to bed.

I woke up this morning and there was this note on the white board:
Jaron was able to get that piece of paper out by putting double sided tape on a knife and sticking it in there. Out came the paper. And yes, it reads discs now. Luckily he didn't damage anything inside! So, for future reference, if anyone needs to get paper out of the Wii, there's how to do it.
Needless to say, the Wii has been moved to a location Kaden can not see or reach.

1 comment:

Chari said...

glad you got it out! it's a pricey fix!