Friday, October 10, 2008

Quirks

I've been tagged!! I'm supposed to list seven quirky things about me and then challenge three other people to do the same!

1. I get extremely antsy if I don’t drive up the canyon, or get away somewhere outside at least once a month.

2. I hate being late. Not just to events, but anything. I hate being late to pick up/drop off Kaden. I hate getting home later than we told a babysitter we would be back. I hate being late to church. I even hate being late to go visit someone. If I tell someone we’ll be there around 2:00, we’d better be there around 2:00! Work is the only exception to this, but since I drop Kaden off before coming to work, then I’m usually on time (because I don’t like dropping him off late).

3. I can’t stand the position Jaron sits in when he drives. He’s practically laying down. I don’t know how he can reach the steering wheel, and then also be able to see over it. I also hate it when he adjusts the seat in the van, because then when I get in , I’M practically laying down and can’t reach the steering wheel. I try and avoid driving his car, because I feel bad adjusting his seat, but I just can’t drive that way.

4. I hate messy cars. Having a 2 year old, that means I’m cleaning up the car a lot. I don’t want to be finding toys under seats and old fruit snacks everywhere when we need to haul stuff/people around in the van. This is another reason I don’t like driving Jaron’s car….it’s a mess (but I still love you!).

5. I sort of stole this one from my cousin, Ashley (the one who tagged me), but it’s very true. I don’t like the phone unless it’s talking to Jaron, my parents, or siblings. I hate making visiting teaching calls (I’d rather just talk to them at church). I hate calling babysitters, even if it’s just Jaron’s family. I hate calling Kaden’s daycare with his schedule each week. I know this is dumb because all these people are totally nice. I’m just weird that way.

6. I’m a blog stalker. Yup, I spend WAY too much time reading people’s blogs. Is there a support group for this? Blog-Stalkers Anonymous, or something?

7. I don’t like having a messy “yard.” We still live in an apartment, so I don’t have a ton of control over that. I can’t stand having toys and junk in the front. There’s a lot of old bikes from previous tenants that have been left under the stairs (which is what we see when we walk outside). I so want to throw them away! I hate outside clutter more than I hate inside clutter. Maybe that’s because going outside is my escape from the mess inside the house…? Quick funny story about this…I drove past a house once that had to have had at least 20-30 bikes on their front lawn. I’m not even exaggerating that. They were everywhere. Maybe there was a party or something and EVERY kid within 20 blocks rode their bike over there, but wow, that was a lot of bikes in the yard! I guess it’s good that we at least we live next to the temple parking lot and can escape over there. It’s always nice and clean.

I tag anyone who wants to list 7 quirky things about themselves!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yep--you're the only Cindy I know!

You know, I can't stand messy cars either!! Maybe that was a "redneck" (ask Jeff Foxworthy about that) yard you passed. And, I also hate being late for anything. I was an hour late picking up Aidan once (forgot it was early release). He won't let me forget that one!! You know what's even worse...when you're on time and EVERYONE ELSE IS LATE!!! That's a quirk that both Jaren and I share. It drives us nuts when everyone else is late!!

Love your comment about a "Bloggers Support Group". Such a good laugh!