This past Saturday evening was the General Relief Society Meeting. I don't usually have the opportunity to go to the church to watch, since Jaron is usually working. This time, he had the night off and I got to go. Oh, it was awesome. Every talk was just amazing, but President Uchdorf's talk particularly stands out in my mind. He talked about a lot of things, but I loved how he told us that we are all creators. Creating is our heritage. Our Heavenly Father created this Earth, us, and everything else on it. Therefore, we are children of a Creator, so we have that heritage. He mentioned a lot of things we can create: homes, beautiful gardens, friendships. He made sure to point out that we can ALL create something. He said if we can't think of anything we can create, to see how many smiles we can create every day. You can read, watch, or listen to the meeting at the church website. I don't see a transcript of President Uchdorf's talk, but it's probably avilable on the video or audio streams.
I love our church leaders, and I love to hear their testimonies. It was so refreshing to be able to go to this meeting. I can't wait for General Conference!
After the meeting, our Education Counselor in our ward asked me to teach Relief Society in October. I agreed, but got really nervous about what the topic might be. We've had a LOT of lessons lately on very sensitive subjects, and I'm just not the person to be teaching about that stuff. Well, she told me the lesson number and I went home and looked it up. It is about faith through trials (from the Joseph Smith manual). I was so excited about the topic that I read the lesson immediately. I don't think I've ever really been excited to teach anything, but I am really excited about this lesson. I think that if I hadn't just sat through a wonderful RS Meeting, I would be much more reluctant about teaching. But, I'm actually really excited about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment