Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Holiday Weekend

PHOTO'S ADDED!!!!

The fam. Yes I'm wearing an Iowa State shirt on USU campus! It's comfy!!!



The goofy looking family.



They did a part in the program where they played the theme songs for each branch of the military. Caelen did NOT like this part, so he layed down on the hard concrete and covered his ears. I thought that was so funny!


And, this little unedited video is mostly for Spencer and Karen. And, I promised Garth and Laura that I'd make them famous, so here it is. I find it quite amusing, and Kaden LOVES to watch it. My family may not be too interested, since you don't know them, but feel free to watch. Sound is a MUST, otherwise it's pretty boring.


We had a pretty good holiday weekend. Sorry, pictures didn't turn out great, and neither did the video of the fireworks. I'll post some later if I decide they're ok.

Thursday night we got free tickets to see the fireworks (Thanks to Icon Health & Fitness). It was cool, but nothing that couldn't have been watched outside on the lawn. Kaden wasn't so sure about the fireworks at first, but we just kept telling him how cool they were and he warmed up pretty quick and kept asking for more.

Friday we finally got to go swimming!!! Kaden and I made it to the pool in the afternoon, just before it got super windy. He wanted to keep going down the slide, but the water was SOOO cold! We spent most of the time in the warm kiddie pool.

We were exhausted after that, but Rachel came over to do sparklers. Kaden and I ended up inside most of the night because it was getting frustrating outside with us both being tired.

Saturday we took Ashley to see Wall-E (even thought she'd already seen it). It was a cute movie. The Pixar short that the beginning was HILLARIOUS!!!

Sunday was relaxing, and that was our holiday weekend! We did a few fireworks last night. Yes, we like to stretch it out as long as we can! Kaden was scared of them again, but he warmed up and kept saying, with a sort of nervousness in his voice, "more fireworks."

Happy Independence Day! I can't wait for the 24th for more fireworks! That's one thing I love about Utah...two fireworks holidays in the same month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video and the pics. It sure made me miss being in the states, or even around more americans, on the 4th.
And tell Mr. and Mrs. The Dork that they're awesome!