- Heat barbecue to low temperature (lower than your crust recipe calls for)
- make your pizza crust as you normally would, roll it out, and place it on the grill (NOTE: smaller pizzas are much easier to work with. Personal size would be great! Also be sure to poke some holes in the dough so it doesn't get bubbles)
- Bake the crust until just done, and slightly crispy. It really doesn't take long, maybe 5-7 minutes, depending on your temperature. Flip it to crisp the other side. It wil look something like this (yours will probably look better, don't worry about the shape, not round adds character!)
- Remove the crust from the barbecue, place it on a sheet of tin foil, and add sauce and toppings. as you desire. If you like BBQ sauce, that would taste awesome. I did a ranch sauce with chicken and onions and it was yummy. If you do ranch and like garlic, use garlic. It will taste so yummy!
- Turn down the heat, and put the assembled pizza back on the BBQ while still on the foil.
- Allow this to cool until it's all warm and melty.
- Remove from BBQ and serve.
Here's a picture of my final product:
It was a yummy dinner and didn't heat up the house at all!
2 comments:
I'll have to try that! Hey Cindy! I commented on your "memories" post as well! With your permission, I've put your blog link onto my blog!
That's totally fine if you put a link on your blog. Is it OK if I add yours to mine?
Post a Comment