Monday, September 21, 2009

Lagoon Day

Icon has Lagoon Day every year. It's awesome because we get in pretty cheap, and since it's only open to Icon employees, the lines are very short. Kaden was big enough to ride a lot of stuff this year, so we took him and left Kaylee with Jaron's sister. Sorry these pictures aren't great. We just had our cell phones because we didn't want to carry around the big 'ole camera.

The airplanes


The Carousel


OdySea (definitely the favorite!)


Waiting to ride OdySea

Funny thing about OdySea - you can control the up and down movement of your fish and either try to avoid the water, or try to get wet. Well, the first time Jaron rode, he didn't realize the control was a handle in the middle. He was trying to push buttons to get the fish to move. He didn't figure it out, so they got really wet! He finally figured it out after I explained it to him.
Another funny thing about it was the las time we rode for the night, I was trying to keep Kaden from getting too wet. Well, I didn't succeed and he got a splash on his head. When we got off the ride, he said we needed to try again because he got wet! I think he got that from the song they play while you're riding. It says to try again if you didn't get the ride you wanted. We had to drag him out of the park screaming to go home because he needed to try again so he didn't get wet.

Moonraker


Waiting in line for the Jumping Dragon


Speedway Jr.


I think my favorite was the Ladybug Bop. Kaden and I rode that and the Dinosaur Drop a few times, but Jaron was never around to take a picture of that one. Jaron and I each rode the Rollercoaster just for sentimental value, but that was the only big ride. I did take Kaden on Tilt-A-Whirl while Jaron was eating dinner, because Jaron doesn't like the spinny rides. The boys definitely liked OdySea the best!

No comments: