Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

Ok, I finally have TWO free hands, so I can actually write a little!

Here's a little bit of Kaylee's story, now that she's a week old:

We went to the doctor last Thursday for the usual appointment. This was the day before my due date. We asked about induction because my parents would be leaving soon, Jaron had an out-of-town job interview, and I was just ready to be done. He said he would do it if we could find the time. The doctor was going to be out of town Friday, the anesthesiologists don't like to do epidurals for voluntary inductions on Saturday, and Monday was totally booked. He said Sunday would be the most likely day, so we figured that would work. My parents were leaving Monday, so it would be close, but at least they could see her. The doctor said he'd see what he could arrange, then call me.

I headed back to work with the plan to stay the rest of the day. Not even an hour after I was back at work, he called and said "How about in the next hour or so?" I suddenly started to panic, and said "Sure, that works!" He said the hospital would call when they were ready for me to come in. I headed home to make sure everything was really ready.

They really weren't ready at the hospital in an hour, so Jaron and I frantically got the apartment cleaned up, took movies back to Redbox, and dropped some stuff off at the storage unit. At 3:30 they were ready, so off we went!

Everything went good, except my epidural started to wear off on my right side RIGHT before I was ready to start pushing. Luckily the anesthesiologist came quick and gave me more stuff. I would have just cried if it didn't work! I know, I'm a wimp. It was a really easy delivery, though, and she's just a little angel.

Snuggling with Grandma Ann (sorry, I didn't get a good picture with Grandpa Ken)




Kaden has been a great big brother. He helps change diapers (at least he gets the diaper and wipes out for me), and he like to make her smile...well, he tries.


He loves to hold her


He also always makes sure I know when she's crying. He's being a little more independent now. He usually wants help going to the bathroom, even though all we usually do is sit and watch him, then help wash hands. He also gets his breakfast ready when I'm too slow to do it. This probably isn't the best thing to let him do, but hey, a kid has to eat, right?

He pulls a chair over to the counter and climbs up. He picks whatever bowl he wants (one day it was an Elmo cup)


Then he climbs down and gets his cereal. He's pretty good to not spill too much cereal. He even puts the chair back where it belongs.

2 comments:

Chari said...

She's so cute!!! I can't wait to hold her! Are we still good for saturday?
My kids all get their own breakfast, I make them do it now. Whitney does the same thing with the chair, but it never finds it's way back to where it belongs! Hillary even knows how to cook herself an egg now! Scary!

LindaAlex said...

Congratulations, Cindy! Having a daughter is an amazing blessing. She is precious. ENJOY!