Monday, September 15, 2008

Discouragement

Last week wasn't a good week (yes, this will be a complaining post. Feel free to skip it if you want, I won't be offended).

Monday was the day my dog passed away, which I didn't think would affect me that much, but I think everything else on top of that made it a very sad thing. It definitely didn't help.

Tuesday night I was hoping for a fun night with Kaden. We were going to go to Sam's Club and the park. Jaron called from work while we were eating dinner and said he forgot to get his prescription filled (he still had the paper in his pocket) and he wanted me to go take care of it. So, I did. Kaden likes to go see daddy at work, so why not. FYI, Jaron works about 20 minutes away, so 40 min round trip. Well, we did all that, then Jaron called again and said he glasses broke and he needed his contacts. He's pretty blind without them, and I wanted him to drive home safely, so we made the trek back to Smithfield. It was bed time by the time we got back, so that sort of blew the whole fun night with Kaden.

Wednesday was Enrichment. I usually enjoy enrichment, but they just go really long in our ward. Long like I-had-to-leave-early-because-it-was-past-Kaden's-bed-time long.

Thursday, Jaron found out he has 2 more classes to take. Luckily, he can fit them in this semester, but he went from a pretty easy 12 credits up to 18. Ugh. Luckily one of the classes is from a teacher he has taken at least 5 classes from, so she knows him and she's an awesome teacher. However, I wasn't expecting to feel like a single mom until next semester. We'll just have to make more treks to Smithfield to see Jaron at work, but hopefully not twice in one night. We did get to go to the Fun Park for free for Jaron's work party on Thursday. That was loads of fun. Pictures to follow later.

Friday was just a long night with Kaden. He didn't want to go to sleep, I was ornery from the whole week, and it just wasn't fun.

Saturday, of course, the Aggies got their butts kicked by Utah, so that's never a happy thing. Pictures and stories to follow later.

I still don't have a monitor. We were hoping it would come on Saturday, but it didn't. Hoepfully today, but no one is home if they need a signature to deliver it. I just really want my monitor so I can post the bazillion pictures I have!!!

4 comments:

Chari said...

That is a rough week. Sorry it was so long and awful! Bummer about those extra two classes, but at least he knows now and not when he thinks he's graduating.
That was quite the butt kicking though wasn't it? I wondered if you were there for that. Sad day for the Aggies.

Tara said...

Hang in there! You forgot to mention ALMOST getting wrote up at work, today. HA HA. It will get better.

Cindy said...

Yes, we witness the butt kicking, but we left after the 3rd quarter. There was a jerk guy that kept smoking at the top the steps and no one would do anything about it.

Tara, you wouldn't write me up and you know it :)

Ty & Em said...

I'm sorry you had such a crappy week! Brody misses playing with Kaden! He always blesses him in his prayers and then always asks if we can go to logan and play with Kaden! I totally know how you feel about being a single mother! Ty's taking 18 credit hours also! And he leaves before Brody wakes up and comes home after he's asleep! SO we only get to hang out pretty much on the weekends! And I swear they are never long enough!!