Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reality Check

I forgot to add this to my post about the weekend, so I'll just add it here.

As some of you know, we now own a mini-van. The only stuff it's been full of is furniture, until this weekend. You see, since we now have a vehicle that can fit lots of people, my nieces and nephews want to ride in the van wherever we go. We loaded up 4 kids on Saturday night (including Kaden). Carter and Austin were in the back hitting each other, Kaden was laughing at them, and Hillary just seemed annoyed by the boys (I don't know if she really was, but that was my impression). I turned around, looked at the kids, and thought "Do I really want 4 kids?" The funny thing is that they are all ages that this COULD be how our family would be. Carter and Austin might be a little close, but wow, that was quite the reality check.

I am pleased to say, though, that Carter thinks our van is cooler than his! All because of our little hanger hooks and lights.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That reminded me of something that happened with us a few weeks ago. With Robyn taking the last seatbelt in the car I had my own reality check when someone from church asked for a ride. I said, "Sure...oh wait...I don't have room anymore!" Mini-vans are great for all the seatbelts!