Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Small Victory

So, can I just say this week at work has been insane. Not that it's busy, but I've been working on so many projects, and I just feel like I'm getting nowhere on all of them. It's really discouraging to know your job is to modify databases and collect data, then go home at night knowing that you don't know how to do what you're asked.

Anyways, another part of my job is troubleshooting computer/program issues for people in the department. I enjoy this, but, again, a lot of times I don't know why Excel or Word are doing stupid things, or why someone can't access a database, etc. etc. etc.

Well, I was just faced with an Excel question from a co-worker that I really thought I would have to say "I don't know why that's happening, you'll just have to deal with it" sort of phrase. Well, despite my lack of confidence, I was able to finally figure out what the problem was. I don't know why Excel does what it was doing, but I did find out what he needed to change to make it stop. It is nice to know that I got SOMETHING right today!

Ok, now my brain is fried...I think it's time to go home.

No comments: