Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blessings

Wow, what a week. Kaden has had RSV again (he had it around this time last year). He's been hooked up to oxygen all week, luckily at home, though, and not at the hospital. We went back to the doctor this morning and he's fine to be off the oxygen now. What a blessing that is! He's been so frustrated that he keeps getting stuck on stuff and has to have tubes in his nose. Well, no more of that. He may still need it while he sleeps, but he should be OK. The doctor also decided that Kaden has asthma. It's no big deal, but she wants to monitor him when he gets sick and see if he might need a regular something for it.

I realized I haven't posted pictures for a long time. I do have video, too, but I haven't gotten it off the camera yet. So, here's a few pictures (nothing overly fantastic):

Kaden's entertainment one morning (while I was still trying to wake up) was to stuff his Sunday shoes with tissues. It kept him entertained for quite awhile, so I didn't mind the mess afterward. Unfortunately I didn't get a great picture.


How do you think he really feels about that oxygen tube?


He was so hyper on this morning I'm surprised he let me get this picture in.


Ok, these ones are actually from last week. We bought a Bed-In-A-Bag and Kaden had SOOOO much fun with! You'd think it was his own personal jungle gym. Someday video will follow, but for now, this will have to do:



This was playin on the BIAG also, but you can't tell, and the purpose of the picture has nothing to do with that. See the nice remnant of a bruise on his forehead? Yeah, that happened because picking up a car he dropped was more important than looking at the corner he was running into. It was a nasty bruise, but it's all gone now!


These are a few things Kaden has done this week (while I've been home with him! :) ) that have made me smile:
  • I caught him snuggling with the TV/DVD remotes while laying on the couch
  • He sat on the potty all by himself. I didn't ask him to or anything. He ran away from me and I went to find him and there he was, sitting on the potty...fully clothed, of course
  • He fed his teddy bear, Henry, breakfast (video may follow at a later time)
  • He said "Love You" completely un-prompted
  • I think his new favorite activity is sitting in baskets and tipping over. I got video...we'll see how long it takes me to post it!

No comments: