Friday, January 30, 2009

Reading

I've never been much of a reader. I started The Work and the Glory series and never finished. I'm only half way through the 5th Harry Potter book (and I don't remember when I started them....long long ago). I don't even want to touch the Twilight series because I know I'll never finish.

I do love kids books, and I love reading to Kaden. I'm also loving that he's loving books, so hopefully that will stick with him. His favorites right now are the Max and Ruby series, and If You Give A... series.

A few weeks ago, Jaron heard about these books:

(click the picture to go to the website for more about the books)

We had never heard of them, and thought they sounded interesting, but then didn't really think about it again. Then, for some reason, I hear about them all the time now! My cousin mentioned that her son loves to read them. Then a girl at work said her daughter loved them, too. So, we decided to head to the library last night to check out the first book (there's 3 out now, there will be 5 in the series).

Well, after I started, I couldn't put it down! I don't know what it is, but I'm addicted. It took Kaden yelling at me that he was cold (because he got out of the bathtub) to get me to put it down. Jaron started reading this morning and couldn't stop laughing. We're not that far into it, but I'm excited to read more! I know, I'm lame, I'm excited about a book about a middle-school boy. Maybe these are the kind of books I was destined to read. Why don't they write grown-up books with doodled stick figures on the pages? Text books sure would be more interesting, too!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Aren't those books just "knee-slapping', "eye-rolling" funny?

Rachael M said...

Don't feel bad about enjoying such a fun book! I LOVE kids' and YA books, and read a lot of them. One reason, sadly enough, is that they are shorter so I'm more likely to finish them. I haven't read this series, but will have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendation.