Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why I Love Cache Valley

So, I have nothing to blog about. It's been very uneventful since Christmas. So, I've been thinking, and decided I'm going to ramble here. As Jaron is starting to look around for jobs, I started thinking about things I would miss about Cache Valley if we leave. There's quite the list! So, enjoy my ramblings until we actually do something worth blogging about (hopefully this weekend we'll have a great adventure!)

1. Aggie Basketball
2. Aggie Ice Cream
3. Free movies on campus

(from those first three, you'd think I was still a student!)

4. The Pumpkin Walk
5. Our view and closeness of the temple
6. Homes aren't built on top of each other yet (unless it's a townhouse or apartment, then of course they are)
7. Traffic isn't even half as bad as Salt Lake
8. Hobby Lobby (if we ever move, there'd better be one close by!)
9. The Bluebird
10. Stake conference at the Tabernacle
11. Gossners (cheap cheese!)
12. Brent - he can always put a smile on my face
13. Bonnie (Kaden's daycare provider)
14. Bear Lake is close enough for a day trip
15. Salt Lake is close enough for a day trip
16. BATC offers a Photoshop Elements class for $30 that I want to take some day
17. On The Avenue - super cute craft boutique
18. The many friends we've made through work and church and school
19. Idaho is only 30-ish minutes away (if you ever just wanted to get out of Utah, just because)
20. Walking only 2 blocks to church
21. Dr. Stebel - I don't think I can have any more kids without him being my dr.
22. These mountains - yes, there's mountains in many other places, but the Cache Valley mountains are just....wow to me. I have a sweet view from my cubicle at work.
23. Having Kaden's aunt and uncle live upstairs (and they're usually willing to babysit! Thanks guys!!!)
24. Caspers - cheap Fat Boys
25. Pepperidge Farm - cheap Goldfish
26. Logan Canyon
27. Green Canyon
28. The many other canyons we have yet to explore
29. "Free" (tax funded) bus system
30. Old Main - seeing the "A" blue and knowing we won some sort of sporting event creates a sense of pride

3 comments:

Ann said...

That's a lot of things to miss if you ever move but remember every place you live will be an adventure. We miss you and of course the mountains.

Chris said...

I want to live in Cache Valley, because I miss many of those things too! Alas it is not to be...why don't you come out here. We could all miss those things together! :)

my rebel took over said...

mmmm....Aggie Ice Cream. So good! I can ease your pain in one small way, if you move away from there...check out http://www.jessicasprague.com/

Amazing Photoshop classes! I highly recommend her. The beginner class is $45 and they have an intermediate and advanced as well, but at least you know that's available to you no matter where you live, as long as you have internet! (As a side note, I'm taking a design class from bigpicturescrapbooking.com, which is primarily paper scrapping, but AWESOME CLASSES!)

ps: Jersey has some of the highest paid teachers in the country...I'm just sayin' ;)