Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Fun

It has been a weekend of summer fun! Thursday night we rode our bikes to Summerfest (about a mile away). We didn't take the camera, but it was fun. It's mostly an art show and everything is very pricey. It was really neat to see all the photography, though.
Yesterday I worked a half day, then took Kaden to the pool after his nap. He was very resistant to go swimming, but somehow he agreed to go...and he loved it! The water was super warm, so that was nice. He just wanted to walk in deeper and deeper. I think he would have gone all the way under if I'd let him! He kept dunking himself, then would come up and just laugh. I didn't take the camera because I figured I wouldn't be able to take pictures and keep him from drowning at the same time. So, sorry!

Jaron did, however, come later (he was studying for his Praxis test). Kaden wanted nothing more than to go down the water slide. I, personally, have never been a big fan of water slides. I was worried that I would drown him if I took him. So, when Jaron got there, he took Kaden on the slide. Kaden loved it so much, he went 4 times. One of those times I got the guts to take him. I almost drowned, but Kaden was just fine! I do have a video from the phone of the water slide, but it's sort of weird. It flashes. I'll have to see if I can fix that, but for now, it makes me sick to watch, so I won't torture you with it.

Here's a few pictures, though (click to see a bigger image):

Jaron & Kaden waiting for their turn to go on the twisty slide:

In the pool:
This is a concept Kaden had a hard time with. He got a pretty good scratch on his knee:
After the pool it was off to have dinner at Second Dam (in Logan Canyon). We roasted hotdogs and chicken, then marshmallows. Yummy! After marshmallows, we fed the ducks.

Here's a little clip of the fun. Most of the video of feeding the ducks has my big butt in the way, so there's only a short little clip.
I love summer (even though it doesn't officially start until next week!)!!

No comments: