Thursday, June 26, 2008

Learning Pronouns

The English language sure is funny to learn. Kaden has either been getting really confused with pronouns, or getting good at blaming others for things. Here's an example of a conversation we had this week:

(we begin with Kaden belching...yes a belch, not just a burp)
Kaden: “Mommy Burp!”
Mom: “No, you burped, say ‘Excuse Me, please’ ”
Kaden: “You Burp, scuse me”
Mom: “YOU burped!”
Kaden: “YOU BURP!!!”
Mom: “Kaden, you burped, say ‘Excuse Me, please’ ”
Kaden, with a sigh: “Scuse me, pwease.”

Was he confused by “you” or was he trying to blame me?!?!?

Another funny one that he says frequently is: "I carry mommy?" Of course he wants ME to carry HIM. At one point I said, "Sure, Kaden can carry mommy" and he actually tried to pick me up! He got frustrated and made me carry him.

It's so fun to watch him learn!

1 comment:

Ty & Em said...

I totally am with you! Brody does the same thing!!! So when you figure the whole thing out let me know! We miss you guys! Hope all is going well!