Monday, February 18, 2008

"Gross"

Yes, that would be Kaden's latest word. He loves to say "gross." I can't for the life of me remember what I was doing the first time I heard him say it spontaneously, but he was saying it to whatever I was doing. The next time, he had a goober of some sort on his hand and he was trying to get it off and said "gross." And finally, tonight he was helping me scub the kitchen floor. He was, of course, completely soaked afterward. He stood up, looked at his pants, and said "gross!" Oh, it's so funny to listen to the new things he learns!

Some other words he's facinated with are moon, temple (because he sees it every day and we always point it out), trees, and cars. Of course there's the traditional "no" spouted out many times throughout the day.

He sings along to several songs now. He sings the ABC song, popcorn popping, and I Am A Child of God (I'm sure there's others, but those are the ones we sang tonight). Of course, not all the words are distinguishable, but he tries.

It's fun to watch all the things he is learning. It's one of those things you just think will never happen, and then all of the sudden it does.

2 comments:

my rebel took over said...

Love the new banner! Very cute!

Cindy said...

Thanks! I don't know why, but I had a really hard time with it.