So, if anyone still reads this, remember how I keep saying I'm going to go back and catch up? Umm, yeah, that may not happen. We had a little surprise Wednesday night! Jaron was doing homework and I was getting Kaden to bed, when this conversation happened:
Cindy: Hey Jaron, how busy are you right now?
Jaron (thinking there was a bug or something that needed squishing): Ummm, hang on
Cindy: Ok, will you come here when you have a minute?
(Jaron comes upstairs to the bathroom)
Cindy: Ummm, so my water just broke.
Jaron frantically tried to pack a bag and get the kids ready to take to my sister's house while I pretty much just laughed. This happens to other people, not us! I had thought all day that I needed to get my bag packed, but I was getting other stuff done, which was all very productive, too.
So, off we went! Then we realized my sister had never given Kaylee a shot. That was one of those things that every time we were with her, Kaylee never needed a shot. Luckily it was late enough that she wasn't going to need anything until morning. At that point, Jaron would be ok to go help with her if he needed to.
So, yeah. Labor was pretty quick and easy. Emily didn't do awesome with the Pitocin, so it took a little longer than they expected because they had to turn it off. But it still wasn't bad considering.
So, here she is! She's definitely tiny at 6 lbs 10 oz.
And, can I just say, I would totally recommend Davis Hospital? The cosmetology school comes and does manicures, pedicures, cut/styles, and facials to get their hours in. Umm, hello, I'll take a pedicure, please!
Bryce, Stephanie, and Bradley came to visit. He looks huge next to her!
Jaron brought the kids that night. Kaylee was asleep, but Kaden was so excited to see her!
On discharge day. Kaylee loves holding her...
...and gets quite mad when it's someone else's turn.
Emily all dressed and ready to go home.
My sister and her kids came to visit today. Whitney and Hillary loved holding Emily!
So, there's a little story behind this. We've always gotten the kids a special stuffed animal from somewhere we went while I was pregnant with them. Kaden has his bear, Henry. Kaylee has a Koala (that we haven't ever named). And now Emily has Jack the Moose. We got him while we were camping in Jackson Hole last month. She's not too sure about him, but hopefully she'll learn to love him!
So far she has been an excellent baby. She's an awesome sleeper and eater! She doesn't cry (except when we put her in the carseat. Hopefully she gets over that one). And when she's awake, she's just so happy to take in everything around her. She's so calm when Kaden holds her. She's so intrigued by everything he says. If she's awake when Kaylee holds her, she gets pretty wiggly, but still very happy. I'm not sure what that means about how she feels toward her big sister, but it's kinda cute.
3 comments:
Love your story! She is an absolute doll!
She is soooo cute!!! Congratulations you guys, we're so incredibly happy for you all!!!
HEY! Congratulations!!! She is so dang sweet, hope you guys are all doing good. if you make it up this way we would love to meet the new bundle.
Post a Comment