Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Garden

We decided we're crazy enough to plant a huge garden and have a baby in the same summer.  Luckily my sister lives close and is helping with it all.  So far it's been pretty successful.  I don't have a picture of the whole thing, but we've picked plenty of radishes and peas already.  We've got a cucumber on the vine and the pumpkins are out of control.  We'll have so many tomatoes for yummy salsa, too!  I even managed to save the garlic I planted upside down.  Hopefully it really works, since I've never grown it before. 

This was the second round of radishes.  I filled two and a half more of these 2 lb strawberry containers.  They're pretty hot because I didn't do an aweseome job of watering.  Oops!

Jaron's parents gave us a few Daylillies when we moved into our house.  This is the first year they have blossomed, and they're beautiful!  I love the colors!

I'm always amazed at how things grow.  We're on our third year with a veggie garden, and I'm still shocked that stuff actually grows when we plant it.  I've never had much of a green thumb, but whatever we're doing seems to be working ok!

No comments: