Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Ely to welcome home Craig from his mission and hear him speak in church. The pictures aren't really in order, but oh well.

We were going to camp in the backyard, but it was way too cold. So, we stayed at La Quinta because of how many people came. Have you ever wondered how exciting Ely is? Well, here's what's in the magazine at the hotel:

This is a list of the hotels. You may notice La Quinta isn't in there, even though that's where the magazine was. It is a new hotel, but I found it funny.


This is the plethora of places to eat. Yup, it takes up a whole page. If you look close, you'll see the Travel Center (at a gas station) and the snack bar at the golf course are included. Oh yeah, and the drug store and KOA.



We roasted hot dogs, had watermelon, and s'mores. This kid sure loves his watermelon!


Saturday we went Garnet hunting. Kaden had fun digging through rocks trying to find little black shiny ones. We ended up with four small ones. It was fun to be out digging in dirt.


Kaden got a hold of the camera (when he was getting bored of digging) and took a lot of pictures.
This is a garnet (with Kaden's finger, of course).

These are Kaden's shoes.


He really likes his shoes.
Kaden's first attempt at a picture of Kaylee and me.
Getting better, just need Kaylee in it now...
Ok, there we go!
One of the kids took this one. I'm not sure if it was Kaden.
I'm pretty sure Kaden took this one.


He definitely took this one.
After the hunt
Kaylee LOVED the rocks! She almost ate a few.


We also played Croquet with Grandpa Dan. Grandpa won, of course.

Jaron did all the breaking of our rocks.


Kaylee being super cute and happy.

I think Kaden took this one, too.


Kaden's picture of grandpa being silly.


Kaden must have taken this one. I don't remember taking a picture of this cheesy couple ;)

1 comment:

my rebel took over said...

They are getting so big! I love when the girls started taking the camera.