Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Have a Secret

Yesterday, I needed Kaden to be good at Hobby Lobby, so of course I bribed him with a very special treat. "What treat, mommy?" he asked excitedly. "It's a surprise, so you'll have to be good to find out what it is."

He got very excited and said, "Mommy, I have a surprise too." "Oh, do you?" I responded. He proceeded to explain that we needed to go to Hobby Lobby to get a picture frame to paint. Confused, I told him we weren't going to get a picture frame. We were getting something else. He was very insistent that we needed a picture frame, but didn't tell me why. We didn't get a picture frame.

Later that evening when we were doing what we had planned to do with our Hobby Lobby findings (I'm not being specific because a certain someone will probably read this and I don't want to spoil any secrets), Kaden proceeded to tell me that he needs to go to Hobby Lobby to get a frame to paint for mommy for Christmas.

I told him he probably shouldn't have told me that, then we had a little talk about what a surprise is. His response? "But you had a surprise, and I had a surprise." Luckily Kaden doesn't know exactly what we're doing with my Hobby Lobby purchase, so he can't give away much yet!

2 comments:

Abbey said...

See, you should have just let him buy the picture frame, then he could have kept it a secret!

Ashley said...

I love Hobby Lobby! I wish I had a million dollars to spend there. By the way, is it ok if I post your Kaden-ism of the week on MLIA and see if it gets on? Or you can! It's a great story that is perfect for the site!