Monday, November 30, 2009

Shopping with Kids

I took the kids on a little shopping trip today. First we went to Walmart and returned a few things (got cash for them). Kaden was being exceptionally good, so I gave him some Smarties. He found where they were, and took more. Since he was being good, I didn't mind. The smarties are in a pocket in the diaper bag where I usually keep my wallet.


We got a few things to buy, got to the check out and I couldn't find my wallet. Anywhere. I got mad at Kaden because he wouldn't tell me if he had dropped it. He was acting like he had and didn't want to get in trouble for it. So, I headed to customer service to see if someone had turned in a wallet. Of course, it took several minutes for them to figure out what I was asking. Finally, I grabbed the diaper bag and saw my wallet in the OTHER pocket. Awesome. Kaden started to cry and I assured him I wasn't mad at him and that it was my fault. We checked out fine.


Next, we headed to Hobby Lobby (the kids can usually handle two stores just fine). We didn't get 10 feet in before Kaden had a complete melt down. I carried him out of the store screaming. Thank you to the sweet lady that tried to open the automatic door for me! :) Now, I know Kaden doesn't usually like Hobby Lobby, but we needed to get something to use as a marker for our Christmas Countdown, so he was excited to help pick that out. However, I wasn't going to deal with the screaming, or torture anyone else in the store with it.


The WHOLE way home he was screaming, "I WANT TO GO BACK IN THE STORE!!!"

We came home, I set him on the couch, and this is what he looks like right now:

No comments: