Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Caramel Apples

I think I'm starting a tradition of making caramel apples every year at Halloween. They're so yummy! On Sunday, we had some of Jaron's family over to make them. The first batch of caramel didn't work. It turned into more of a fudge consistency (which was still yummy to eat!) so that didn't work. The 2nd batch was just about right, but could have cooked just a little less. It wasn't enough to finish the apples, so I made one more batch. Sadly, the candy thermometer broke between the 2nd and 3rd batches. I totally guessed, and the 3rd batch was just about perfect! YAY!

The helpers, Brittany and Laura:



(I guess the boys were helping, too, by playing Wii in the living room and keeping Kaden occupied)

This is Kaden's apple that he "dipped" all by himself. He only got the one strip, but he made sure he got chocolate chips on it.


Garth's Mickey Mouse sprinkle apple


A super pretty chocolate one


Delicious!

No comments: