Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh My Crap

I think I may not enjoy being a stay-at-home-mom. Ok, not really, but salesmen are something I just don't want to deal with when I'm home during the day. Yesterday, a guy came selling Living Scriptures videos. I'm really not interested in the videos, and I really didn't want to listen to him. He was offering a free DVD if I just listed to the sales pitch. Kaylee was waking up from a nap and was going to need to eat. I explained that I wasn't interested and that I needed to go feed her. He left.

That wasn't the end, though. Today he came back...at the same time of day. Again, Kaylee was waking up from a nap and needed to eat. I told him that and he tried to make small talk about kids. I'm guessing he didn't believe me that she needed to eat because she wasn't crying yet. I didn't know what to say, except that I was going to go feed her, and shut the door. I heard him say he'd stop by later.

As soon as Kaylee was done eating, we left to hang out at the mall in hopes that he'd come by again while we were gone. When did he come back? Right after we got home. This time it was WHILE I was feeding Kaylee. I would have just hid and ignored the door, except that Kaden was in the living room and went running in yelling, "Someone is at the door. We need to see who it is!" I yelled back, "Don't open the door, Kaden!" Luckily he didn't, and I tried to just ignore it. He kept knocking. I finally answered the door. When I saw him standing there, I got very ornery with him and said, "I'm feeding a baby right now, please don't come back!" He apologized and continued with his-listen to-me-and-get-a-free-DVD stuff. I told him to please leave and don't come back, and I shut the door.

First of all, Jaron wasn't home and I wasn't about to let some guy in my home with me and my kids. He should know and understand that. Second, I told him I wasn't interested the very first time he came. Third, every time he came was when I needed to feed Kaylee, and he STILL wanted to make small talk and try and sell me stuff. Really. Ugh, I was so annoyed.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

mytee sooperox said...

I think salesmen naturally have the "this is the most inconvenient time" talent. You know, like when the telemarketers call right when your cooking or eating dinner. I had one guy show up at my door right as I was about to jump in the shower. I had to rush and scramble to get dressed b/c the kids opened it. We had a FHE the next week about not opening the door.

Ashley said...

I hear ya...the feeling's mutual.

B&B Goldsberry said...

Agh!! That is so annoying!! They are bad at that.. I listened to them in the mall one time to get a free DVD.. BIG MISTAKE! They called me for like 2 years after. I finally told me I wasn't ever going to be interested and to STOP calling me! I don't blame you at all for not letting him in with just you and the kids. That is way too scary and he should totally understand that!

my rebel took over said...

Ugh! Give it to him Cindy! Slam the door in his face after all that! In the very least ask for his business card with his supervisor's name and contact them. Seriously. (That is, if he ever comes back...)

Actually, I bet you could contact the company and tell them where you live and they'd be able to figure out who's canvasing that area. I get high pressure sales, but people need to know when they've gone too far!

Chari said...

Welcome to the world of stay home mommy! Those salespeople are unrelenting! I had one guy selling that Advandage cleaner that came by twice in the same day because he forgot what street he was on. And he tried selling me the stuff both times! And the living scripture people are the worst! I got caught by one in the mall and it was a 20 minute ordeal! Way to tell him off!