Thursday, June 18, 2009

Extra Clothes

Warning: this is a slightly graphic post (no pictures, though). If you're not a fan of reading about babys bodily functions, feel free to stop reading here.

I have extra clothes for the kids all over. I have pants and underwear in the van for Kaden. I have extra clothes (dress and pants, in case we need extra at church) for Kaylee in the diaper bag. Of course, at home, I have all their clothes.

Well, Sunday was mine and Kaylee's first day back at church. All was going well. She had eaten before church just in time to need to eat during Sunday School. This would allow me to get to Relief Society in time to play the piano still. Well, while I was feeding Kaylee, I suddenly felt a warm, wet sensation on my hand. This wasn't pee, either. She had pooped. I couldn't contain it in my hand. It was all over her blanket and eventually leaked to my skirt. Ugh. I had about 20 minutes until Relief Society, but Kaylee wasn't done eating. I couldn't keep feeding her with poop everywhere, though!

I got her in a clean diaper and dress, washed my hands and tried to wipe some of the poop off my skirt. It was useless. I was wearing a tan skirt that had just been splotched with greenish-yellow nasty stuff. I couldn't find Jaron. I peeked into Sunday school and he wasn't in there. I checked the clerks office. Not there either. He must have been in the bathroom or somewhere else I couldn't think of looking. I wasn't going to keep roaming around the church with poop on my skirt, though. I took Kaylee and headed home as fast as I could. Luckily we only live 2 blocks away.

I made it back with about 5 minutes to spare before Relief Society - not enough time to finish feeding Kaylee. By this time, Jaron was back in Sunday School and I passed Kaylee off to him. I told him to bring her in to me if she got too fussy. Luckily she was happy!

The moral of the story: I need to have spare clothes for not only the kids, but for me, too!

1 comment:

The Deans said...

I got pooped on today too! She is really cute. I am excited to see you in a couple weeks!