Well, it finally happened. We switched. I know it's a little early, but Kaden was getting his legs stuck between the bars of the crib. We tried putting the bumper back in, but he STILL managed to get stuck. So, this past weekend we converted the crib to a toddler bed. What a nightmare! Nap time on Saturday was terrible. I thought Kaden would NEVER stay in that bed. He finally did...after he fell asleep in Jaron's arms and he put him in the bed.
Surprisingly, bed time wasn't so bad, and hasn't been. He did, however, get out at night. Yesterday morning, I peeked in his room and he was asleep on the pile of blankets I had put next to the bed! I don't know if he fell out, was up playing then fell asleep, or just slid out and didn't wake up. He looked so comfy, so I didn't move him. When he woke up, I heard him playing, so I peeked in again. I couldn't find him. I looked behind the rocking chair, in the closet, then turned around and out poked his head from under the bed!!! Yes, he's found a new play area, and oh what fun it is to play under the bed!
This toddler bed thing will be quite an adventure!!!
1 comment:
Wow, you are brave! I held out until the week the girls were turning 3 to move them to a toddler bed! I can see why you needed to do it though. I would have held out even longer if the girls hadn't been sleeping so well in the blow up toddler beds while we were on vacation this summer. I felt like I had no excuse to be confining them to a crib anymore once we got back. They've been pretty good about them. They get out, but for the most part they just sit up and talk to eachother.
Post a Comment