Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kalahari Day 1

Another awesome sister is great at finding good deals on entertainment.  We went to Kalahari - an indoor water and theme park.  She's been there a few times before, and we were so glad we went!  We spent the first day at the theme park playing laser tag, miniature golf, doing the ropes course, driving go-karts, playing games, and drinking slush puppies.  You could buy a cup and fill it up as many times as you wanted.  They had awesome flavors, like root beer and orange dreamsicle!

I just have to say, I always thought the ropes course would be easy.  I mean, my 10-year old niece did it a million times in years past.  My 5-year-old niece was even doing it!  I got up there and freaked out.  Like, seriously almost had a panic attack and was almost in tears.  I got through the first section and I was ready to turn back.  I finally got the courage to keep going, and I made it.  I'm not sure if I'd do it again, though.  Kaden tried it and only got about 1/2 way through the bottom level before turning around. 

The carousel was a hit for awhile.  There was also a soft-play area that kept the little ones entertained for a long time.

At 3:00 every day, the do cookie time.  Everyone can go decorate a sugar cookie.  The kids looked forward to that both days. 

2 comments:

Ann said...

So, so, so glad you came. It's too quiet around here now though. We had a great time with you and Chari and your families.

Chari said...

I'm glad I talked you into going. I thought it was a blast!