Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Craft Projects Finished!

I get distracted easily.  I start a project and don't finish it.  Then I start another one, and don't finish it.  It's a vicious cycle.  But, I'm proud to say, this past weekend I finished THREE projects!

The first was a priority because we're traveling soon.  On an airplane.  With two kids.  I'm scared.  I found this idea here:

I'm hoping it will keep an 18 month old entertained for a few minutes.

One side has a notebook and pen (and a ball attached to the side).  The pen is tied on.  The notebook is velcroed in the pocket, but it can come out all the way.  (Yes, I know it needs to be ironed.)

The other side has a zipper (nothing in the zipper), a little door, and some flowers that can be velcroed or put in the pocket.  My favorite part:  it's all attached.  She can throw the ball an not loose it.


This is what's inside the door: 

The boy version.  Same deal with the pen and notebook.  I did a car instead of a ball for him. 

I focused more on fine motor skills.  He needs to learn to button shirts and tie shoes.  Maybe by the end of the plane ride he'll have it down. 

His zipper does have a pocket to put the shapes and car into.

This is a marble maze.  Look in the bottom right corner and you might be able to tell.  Original idea and tutorial from:

This was so easy to make.  I'm thinking I need more marbles so I can make more!

And finally, we have a drafty door, so I whipped up this draft stopper.  I just cut up old jeans and stuffed it with batting and rice.  Hopefully it will help a little!

No comments: