This is what cut his head. He hit hard enough that the visor cracked the windshield.
Drivers side:
If you click this one you can see a big crack in the windshield. I'm not sure what it's from. Maybe just the impact.
Passenger side tire:
Like I said, Jaron is fine. He was in good spirits by the time we left the hospital. He was only there for about 3 hours. The nurses were saying it's a good thing he wasn't there the night before, because it was crazy.
There were some good and bad things about the accident.
Bad: Jaron has stitches in his head, and it was in his mostly bald spot.
Good: He only has 13 stitches (He was conuting all his previous stitch incidents and calculated this brought him up to 60 stitches in his life. I thought it would have been more.)
Bad: I didn't have a phone number for anyone in the ward to leave the kids with.
Good: I remembered I have a friend in town. She was willing to take the kids, even though they were covered in licorice drool and hadn't had dinner.
Bad: We're down to only one car
Good: It was the car that isn't paid for yet (good only as long as the insurance pays enough to pay it off)
Bad: We didn't register the van before it expired. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a ticket.
Good: We didn't waste $150+ on registration, and he didn't get a ticket at the scene.
Bad: We couldn't pick up the lawn mower because we no longer had a vehicle big enough to get it home. The lawn desperately needs to be mowed. Someone even asked Jaron about it at church yesterday.
Good: My sister and her hubby brought their truck up on Saturday and we got the lawn mower.
Bad: It didn't get mowed on Saturday because the boys were installing the laminate floor (that's a good thing). It's raining today, of course.
Good...?: Jaron says he's mowing it tonight anyways.
Good: I had the car seats in the other car, so we don't have to get new ones.
Good: Insurance


5 comments:
Oh my word! How awful, I am glad Jaron is OK. You have such a good attitude, I hope your insurance will pay enough for an awesome new car for you!
That seriously sucks. Glad he is ok!!!
That van looks awful! I'm glad that Jaron is ok though. That's a nasty line on his head! I hope all goes well with the insurance and you can get a new mormon mobile soon. I'd go nuts without my space!
Yikes! Glad he's ok!
So glad Jaron wasn't hurt worse. The van didn't fare as well though. Hope you get your lawn mowed and be able to find a new vehicle soon.
Post a Comment