Thursday, August 13, 2009

Out-of-State Trip

Yesterday we really just needed to get away. When I got home from work, I told Jaron we should go to Bear Lake and play at the beach. He wasn't really up for that. "Bear Lake is too cold" was his response.

It doesn't really take much to get out of the state here. So, we headed to the beautiful state of Idaho. We ended up at the hot springs at Riverdale Resort in Preston. I know, we're so adventurous!

Not a great picture, but I love Kaden's expression. I'm glad I caught them in the picture (there was a guy that walked right in front of me as I was about to take it).

The boys after going on the slide:


Kaden really liked the warm pool (the hot spring water...he kept wanting to drink the water. EWWW!)


Jumping off the edge of the pool


One of the life guards convinced Kaden to jump off the diving board and he would catch him. Kaden was hesitant, but did it and said it was fun! I guess we'll need to get more serious about swim lessons next year.


Get ready to turn your head! Jaron took the video sideways (and now he can't give me a hard time for doing it anymore!) Sorry it's not great anyways. He was staying with Kaylee in the shade, so he had to zoom in, and of course there's a fence there...


Kaylee slept for a lot of it, but she did take a little dip in the pool. Mostly we just tried to keep her in the shade, though.


Awake, back in her jammies, and ready to go home!

This is definitely not a spectacular place, but they have a water slide, and that's all Kaden cares about! We had lots of fun and just enjoyed being away from home with no worries.

And of course, we had to stop by Caspers for Fat Boy seconds. Mmmm, defective ice cream :) So yummy!



The funny thing about stopping at Caspers was that RIGHT when we got back on the highway heading in to Logan, Garth (Jaron's brother, lives upstairs) called to ask if our power was out, because their's just went out. CRAP! We just bought 2 boxes of Fat Boys! It was back on shortly after we got home, thank goodness, but they did get a little melted! They were defective to start with, though.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Kaden did really well jumping off the diving board. Way to go.

Clayton and Heidi said...

I took swimming lessons at Riverdale. Good times. Went there many times as a teenager. Remember seeing all the old men and women making out in the hottub. Once I saw our school janitor. Made me want to puke.

Love fatboys and you can't beat the cheap seconds.

Cindy said...

Wow Heidi, thanks for the info. We probably won't be going back there any time soon, now! Hehe, just kidding :)

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I especially liked Kaden's entrance off the diving board. lol I chuckle every time I think about it.

The Deans said...

Fun! We had to get away a couple weekends ago and went to the Provo Mariott! They had room service and an indoor pool for Madeline.

Your kids are so cute!